Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Cookie Debacle

Today I had the urge to bake cookies for Adam and his co-workers.  They were my favorite, chocolate chip, and even more so they were ultra tempting for my midmorning snack.  I upped the ante by also making rice krispie treats too.  The plate just looked to empty without them.  So there I was, caught at 10:45 with two of the best treats around.  I wanted to give in, and just pretend that I had the calories for them.  However, I knew that this was not going to end well for me.  I'd end up eating probably 5 cookies followed by 2 krispies and loathe myself afterward.  So instead I chose to eat sugar snap peas.  They had a nice bite and of course were a lot healthier for me than freaking cookies.  I will admit that I caught my eyes yearning for the deliciousness just sitting on the counter for me to indulge, but instead of eating until I wanted to puke, I chose to eat one solitary cookie and half of a rice krispie treat.  I am counting my calories and of course they were added to the list.  So off the treats went to the office and my butt was grateful for that.

 I went to the YMCA tonight after a particularly long day with kids.  It was one of those days where it didn't matter how much attention was dispensed, they wanted more.  I don't know why my back is a suitable playground, but I guess it is to my 4 and 2 year old.  It was so refreshing and calming to simply exercise.  My heart rate was up, my legs were moving and my music was jamming.  I didn't think about any of the things I needed to get done and it was wonderful.  In retrospect, I maybe could've increased the resistance for a harder workout, but those days will come.  Today was a time to get back to me and I loved it.  I am so happy that those treats are no longer in my house tonight, because I know the nighttime snacking would've killed my calorie goal.  I am capable of saying no to myself, it's just hard sometimes to do so.  Which is why I have set up ways of protecting my assets, like handing out every last treat so I won't be tempted to cheat.  No, instead tonight I am going to enjoy the lack of treats.      

No comments:

Post a Comment