Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Ok it's been a while

Well the semester is three weeks in and I am already losing my mind.  We decided that due to the stress levels and the fact that I have three freaking kids, I have had to lower the number of credits I am taking.  The moment that I dropped some of my classes, I immediately felt better.  I need to remember that there is no timeline and rushing through only causes premature gray hairs and the feeling of utter anxiety.  This week has been really stressful for me.  First, my car breaks down on Friday while I was going 70 on the highway and had to merge over before being completely stranded during rush hour traffic.  Then I had to rent a car for the week because Adam needed to be able to get to work and it is not cheap to do so.  Today I got the ever daunting news of a shot transmission from the mechanic and then immediately had to begin looking for another car before another week of a rental car.  Are you feeling stressed yet?  I am.

Last week Adam and I were talking about how he was having trouble getting to the gym.  In the year that we have paid for the YMCA, he has gone just a handful of times.  I don't blame him, he can't go with me during the day and then when he gets home at night, he has to do homework.  I know I wouldn't go if I were in his shoes.  The only reason why I was able to lose weight before was the fact that my sister Rachel would drop off one of her kids to watch mine and we'd all go workout together. Now it has become more difficult and feels almost impossible.  Sooo...we looked at what it would cost to buy our own treadmill versus continuing to pay for a monthly membership.  Hey guess what?  The cost was literally the same and the benefit to having one at home is the lack of excuses.  There are none.  We bought one and after lugging it into our bedroom and assembling it, we are so happy with this decision.  Already we have been logging hours onto it.  I feel good and it helps to relieve the stress of my week.  Now that I have less on my plate, it should be even easier.  I ate celery last night for crying out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment